Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Champions Final

I’m a bit busier that I expected today, so I am just throwing out a quick prediction for tomorrow’s big, big game.

Milan 2, Liverpool 1.

Really just a guess. First, I don’t think the 2005 final is going to have much to do with it; in spite of the media hype it was two years ago and there is tons of turnover every year at the big clubs. Essentially I like Milan because I think they are a little stronger on attack and do a better job of holding onto the ball. I also think that Kaka will be the best player on the pitch and in this year’s Champions League is playing as well as he ever has in his life. I like the Liverpool team but think their magical run is coming to an end, in spite of the wonderful work done by Rafa and the coaching staff.

All bets are off, however, if Dida has one of his stinkers. There isn’t a world-class goalie around who can look worse (on his off days) than Dida. If that’s the case than 3-2 Liverpool. Bold predictions, isn’t it?

No comments: